Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Affordable Hotel in Nagoya Airport: Your Money's Worth at Toyoko Inn

It was for a heartbreaking reason that I checked-in at Toyoko Inn, Nagoya Airport branch. My boyfriend`s vacation in Japan has ended and he has an early flight the following day. Instead of coming all the way from Hamamatsu in the early morning, we decided to stay in a hotel in the airport.

Toyoko Inn  at Nagoya Airport
photo credit: http://www.channels.nl/326607b.html

There are three hotels around Nagoya Airport-Toyoko Inn, Comfort Hotel and Central Hotel. Toyoko Inn and Comfort Hotel are about a few minutes from the Airport building while Central Hotel is connected to the building. The only reason we chose Toyoko Inn is that it has the cheapest price. And we're glad we did!

I booked a mini-double room worth 6458 Yen. We were assigned on the 10th floor offering us a good view of the airport and the control tower. I think the rooms on the opposite side of ours would have a better view since the hotel is beside the ocean.

double room at Toyoko Inn



The bed is spacious enough for two people- even the large-sized ones, I think. I just think that the bed is a bit short for tall people. The mattress is firm, too firm for my taste but it wasn't hard.

There's a mini-fridge in the room. A small water heater for hot drinks are also provided. There's tea with just an okay taste. There's no closet just a set of hangers. There's TV but no cable.

What I love most is the big tub really suited for two people. I've been to several hotels in Japan and so far Toyoko Inn has the most spacious tub I have seen. Toiletries are provided including a beauty kit for women.
toilet at Toyoko Inn

However there are two things that I didn't like. First was the itchy bed covers. I kept on scratching my legs throughout our stay. It was clean but it was just so itchy. Also, the room smelled like cigarette. It might have been my fault cause I booked a smoking room but I didn't expect that the room would also smell like a smoking area!

Breakfast is included. It was filling with a wide variety of bread, rice, soup and vegetables. Coffee is also free. (Yey!) Wifi is available but you have to ask for the password at the front desk. There are also computer terminals in the lobby.


The staff was courteous and they can understand English so you don't have to worry about communication.
Lastly, the hotel has free shuttle airport service. From the airport, go to Platform 8 and wait for the shuttle every 15 to 20 minutes.

Our stay at Toyoko Inn seemed like a perfect way to say farewell for the time being.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...