Monday, June 24, 2013

Classy and Private Dining: Lorlan Xiang Chu Chinese Restaurant

A group of retired Japanese invited me to lunch last Saturday. I substituted for a friend to handle her class with them. I guess they enjoyed my class (or they were just being polite) that they treated me to this Chinese restaurant-Lorlan Xiang Chu.

Lorlan Xiang Chu Hamamatsu

Lorlan Xiang Chu is secretly tucked behind Yamada Denki Hamamatsu. It's a few minutes few minutes away from the station just past the Board of Education. I hope that the management make their signage bigger and more noticeable. A passerby wouldn't really notice it. 

(More on Places in Japan, here)

The ambiance was what I loved most. It was cozy but not too casual. Tables were separated by walls and doors giving a sense of privacy. It was the perfect place for business meetings or small intimate gatherings.

My Japanese students for the day and me in one of the private dining areas


Menu is better than the average Chinese Restaurant. They have dishes which I don't commonly see in others.  Inconveniently, they don't have an English menu but there are pictures. Price is mid-range but well worth the money.

(For more on Food, click here.)

my lunch set at Lorlan Xiang Chu

The four of us ordered a set lunch worth 1000 Yen. There were four different types of lunch set- squids, pork, mushroom & potatoes, and tofu & chicken. I had the spicy tofu and chicken. It was a bit on the spicy side because of the sauce but it was really flavorful. Each set has soup, rice and salad. It was more than enough to have a filling and delicious Saturday lunch. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...