Monday, July 1, 2013

How to Get Discounts at Bic Camera

After months of indecision, I finally bought a DSLR Camera. The model is Nikon D3200. I got a really good deal from Bic Camera Hamamatsu. For only 53,000 Yen (530 USD), I have a camera body, kit, lens, accessories- 8GB SD Card, bag and lens protector.

I compared this with the ones in Amazon and Yamada Denki and I am happy to report that I saved a few thousand Yen. The last time I looked at Amazon, the cheapest brand new Nikon D3200 was worth 546 USD without accessories. In Yamada Denki, it was 54000 Yen without accessories too.

my new Nikon D3200 worth 53000 Yen with bag, SD card and lens protector


camera bag



Here's how to get a good deal at Bic Camera: 

1. Canvass for goods. 
I've been to several camera stores comparing prices. When I went to Bic Camera, the printed price on the camera model I was eyeing was 57000. An English-speaking guy approached me and I told him that the camera of the same model at Yamada Denki is cheaper (54000 Yen). He asked me if I'm buying on that day because if I was, he'll give me a discount. I asked for the lowest possible price and quoted 49000 Yen. 

Apparently, Bic Camera has this promo that if you can find a cheaper product in another store, they'll give you a discount so as not to lose you as a customer. An excellent marketing strategy, I believe. You have to take pictures though of the prices for proof. 

2. Wait for a product with 10% point rebate.

Aside from the discount I got, the product I was buying has a 10% point rebate. Since I bought a camera worth 49,0000 I have almost 5000 Yen worth of products. It was my lucky day! I used my points to buy the SD Card, bag and lens protector. Since I also decided buy everything on the same day, the salesguy gave me discounts on the accessories. The SD Card from 3000+ Yen to 1800, the bag from 5000 Yen to 3770. He can't give me a discount on the lens protector which cost 2300. All in all, the accessories cost me 7000 but because of the points I got, I only added 2000. 

3. Get a Bic Camera Card

To avail the points, you have to have a Bic Camera Point Card. I got mine last year when I bought something. I haven't used in a while until I bought this camera. It's really easy to get, you'll just fill up an application. No fees and no waiting. You'll get it after you fill up the form and you can use it on the same day!

If you're planning to buy gadget and appliances, consider buying it at Bic Camera. I hope you get good deals too!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...