Monday, December 2, 2013

The Kobe Luminarie 2013

I'm excited this coming weekend. I'll be going to Kobe and watch their famous light festival- The Luminarie. Based on my research, this light festival was a product of the Hanshin Earthquake in 1995. Thousands of people died in that year and power supply was cut off for sometime. The idea of lighting a thousands lights acted as a symbol of recovery and hope for the area. Such a heartwarming story behind the festival, I think.

Here are some of the pictures from the internet:
credit: http://cms.visitjapan.jp

photo credit: www. reportersmagazine.com
photo credit: www.wherecoolthingshappen.com
photo credit: http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/kobe-luminarie-night
Just looking at the pictures makes me think how beautiful it would be up close and personal. Can't wait for the weekend! (And to think it's only Monday...)


For more details of the Kobe Luminarie, here are helpful websites: 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...