Monday, April 15, 2013

Unexpected Delicious Find: Cannery Row in Sanaru

A month ago, I got on the wrong bus from AEON Mall to Hamamatsu Station. When the surroundings became unfamiliar, I sensibly got off the nearest bus stop. It was a blessing in disguise for I was rewarded by a beautiful sunset over Lake Sanaru. Then just across the road is an Italian dining food chain, the Cannery Row. I promised myself I'll dine in that place if only for the relaxing sight on Lake Sanaru.

Fast forward to a month, my friends and I went to Lake Sanaru to dine in Cannery Row. After taking some pictures of Lake Sanaru, we went to Cannery Row. The short pathwalk leading to the restaurant's door feels homey and welcoming with its cottage door and flowers on the side. 
photo credit: https://www.facebook.com/Cannery.Row.Nissin?sk=wall&filter=2
Upon opening the door, our senses were wafted with delicious aroma. The salad bar just on the right side of the door was an inviting sight. It has a wide variety of food- veggies, meat, shrimps and soup. I especially recommend the pesto potato salad. The dessert corner made my mouth water with its yummy-looking cakes and jellies. I took fancy on their sakura jelly and ate 4 cups of it (hehe!) along with a assorted cakes. (I felt so greedy!) 
The Salad Bar
photo credit: https://www.facebook.com/Cannery.Row.Nissin/photos_stream

The restaurant's interior reminded me of summer with its yellow walls and colorful hanging plates. There was an upbeat music playing softly on the background which adds liveliness to the place. My Cuban friend felt like dancing because of the music and the colorful surroundings. 

(More on places in Hamamatsu, here)

We ordered a set meal- two types of pasta (with each pasta good for 3 people), plus unlimited access to the salad bar, dessert bar and drink bar. All these for only 5, 763 Yen for three people. The food was great. (I don't know how to really breakdown how delicious the food was.) 

The only downside of the place is the unavailability of a menu in English. We actually didn't know the type of pasta we ate because we can't understand the menu. We just let the girl who got our order decide for us. Just the same, the food she served us was one of the best Italian spaghetti I tasted in Japan. I had one of the best dinners here I'm afraid I wouldn't stop raving about it. The great view on Lake Sanaru followed by great food at Cannery Row in the company of great people, I had a great Saturday! 

For related articles on Cannery Row: 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...