Monday, June 17, 2013

Affordable Accomodation in Nagoya: Eco Hotel Nagoya

I needed to stay in Nagoya overnight but I don't want to splurge for a few hours of sleep. Thanks to Eco Hotel Nagoya, I had a comfortable night without spending too much.

The best features of this small hotel is its affordability and accessibility.I stayed in a single private room for 2500 Yen. There are dorm rooms available for 2100 Yen. Also, Eco Hotel is just across Nagoya Station, exactly in the heart of the city so transportation wouldn't be a problem. 

Eco Hotel Nagoya's facade
The room had a small bed, good for a light to medium-built person. My bed creaked a little but since I don't really move when I'm asleep, it didn't bother me. There was also a small refrigerator, a TV and air cleaner. Toiletries were provided. What I didn't like was the subtle scent of tobacco. It was stuck in the room even after the cleaning lady sprayed air freshener. Opening the windows was not an option because of the outside noise. I just got used to it eventually with my few hours of stay. 

single private room of Eco Hotel Nagoya
Toilet and bath are shared. There are toilets in all floors along with water heaters. Showers are in the basement together with the washing area. Even if they were shared, they were clean and provides some amount of privacy so bathing and going to the toilet weren't uncomfortable. 

shared shower area at Eco Hotel Nagoya

individual shower stalls
Breakfast is not included but there's a restaurant and bar on the first floor of the building. Also, just next to it are 711 and Denny's Family Restaurant. Then since it's in downtown, you can have varied food choices within a few minutes walk. 

There's an English-speaking receptionist who also provided me with maps and helped me with how to get to the place where I was supposed to go. 

Overall, for a single night or two, Eco Hotel is an acceptable accommodation. You can make reservations through email or through other hotel booking websites 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...