Thursday, September 4, 2014

Where to Eat in Hamamatsu



If you check my About page, I mentioned how Hamamatsu is an international place even though it's a small city. It's common to find Brazilians, Filipinos, Indians, Europeans and Americans. I think it's partly because of this diversity that it's easy to find international cuisine in Hamamatsu. This is considering that Hamamatsu is not a big city.

Here are some food places to check out when in Hamamatsu. All of them offer delicious and affordable food.

1. The Naan Center

This is the first place I often consider when I want to dine out. They serve Indian food (obviously). You can choose how hot and spicy you want your curry to be. If you order their set meals, you also get unlimited naan or rice. I've never asked for a second serving though because the first serving is already filling. I also appreciate how friendly the Indian lady who owns the place. I love their cheese Naan and Keema curry. The best time to go is lunch time. Dinner is just too busy.

Cheapest Set Meal:   700 Yen (includes salad and choice of drinks)

Location: It's in Nakajima-cho, near my place. Since most people don't know where I live, I suggest you check their FB page . You can take bus No. 1 from Hamamatsu Station. It's across a noticeable convenience store.

2. A Ri San

This is a Chinese restaurant. Food is good and so far, they're the cheapest Chinese place I know downtown. Recommended food is their blocked tofu with some sauce. I also like the rice with eggplant. Service depends on who is on duty. The place is not really great but it's okay. It's a favorite hang out place of office workers so the place tends to be full most of the time.

Cheapest Dish: 400 Yen (Some vegetable dish, good for 2-3 people)

Location: It's about 15 minutes walk from Hamamatsu Station. Walk to the direction of the big Japan Post Office. It's along the road where JoyJoyJoy Karaoke is also located. A Ri San is on the basement of a red building on the corner. You can take Bus 41 or 51 although I highly recommend walking.

3. La Macheria

I looooove this Italian place. Food is great, place is homey and the service is efficient. When you order a pizza or pasta, you can have unlimited access to their salad bar and drink bar. Their salad bar offers a wide range of choices so it's totally worth it.

Cheapest Food: 1300 Yen on lunch time (This is a kind of pasta but you can have access to the salad and drink bars)

Location: It's hard to describe where this place is. Phew! It's also near my place. It's along the road parallel to the Naan Center. The problem is I don't see any buses passing by this place. I suggest asking the staff at Hamamatsu Bus Terminal for directions. Sorry. I'll check it again and update this post.

4. Bamiyan

This is another Chinese restaurant but the place looks so much better than A Ri San. It's airconditioned with comfortable seats like a regular family restaurant but it's far from Hamamatsu Station. Some food are spicier than in A Ri San but they're still okay, I think. Recommended food are their vegetable dishes.

Cheapest Food: 500 Yen (Some vegetable dishes without rice yet).

Location:  It's along Nakatajima-kaido. You can take Bus No. 4. It's on the left side if you're coming from Hamamatsu Station. It's hard to miss cause you can see other restaurants around it too. Parking spaces are available.

5. Servitu

Servitu is a Brazilian restaurant just around Hamamatsu Station. For only over 1000 Yen, you can already eat various Brazilian dishes buffet style. They also offer different desserts so it's totally worth the money. This is the first place I dined in when I came to Hamamatsu two years ago. I was so happy getting a break from Japanese food and have something more tasteful. They also have an international store. This review on Trip Advisor of Servitu may help.

Location: It's on south side of Hamamatsu Station, near H and M. It's past the bicycle parking place. They have a big sign so it's easy to find.


I'll write some more places on another day. I'm sure these five places will fill you for now.


Send some Japanese food to your loved one: 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...