Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Japan's Crazy Over KitKat

Japan has a sweet romance with KitKat. Yes, I mean the KitKat bars that tells you to have a break. It's those two-fingered bars that you eat by breaking it smoothly in half.

Before coming to Japan, I only knew of the ordinary Chocolate-flavored KitKat wrapped in red. Then boom! I went to Tokyo and discovered strawberry KitKat. I started living in Hamamatsu and saw green tea (macha) KitKat. When I went to Kyoto, yatsuhashi KitKat was there. Then there's apple-flavored KitKat in Nagano and sweet bean KitKat in Takayama. There's pumpkin KitKat during Halloween and sakura (cherry blossom) KitKat in spring. Suddenly, my knowledge of KitKat grew just like that.

When I first discovered KitKat varieties, it became my goal to taste all the possible KitKat flavors I can find. This look easy on paper but not in reality. Japan just keeps on making more KitKat varieties it's almost crazy! My KitKat knowledge is just barely on the tip of the iceberg (so to speak.)

Here's a KitKat map from stuffwecollect. I don't even understand some of the KitKat's anymore. 

photo credit: http://stuffwecollect.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Kit_Kat_regional.jpg

Here are other blog posts who wrote reviews on various KitKat flavors. I can't believe there are just so many- both KitKat flavors and blogs on KitKat!


Click the link for reviews on 
  • blueberry cheesecake
  • yatsuhashi,
  • strawberry
  • macha & sakura
  • passion fruit
  • matcha 
  • adult flavor/ otona
photo credit: http://itryjapan.blogspot.jp/2014/03/japanese-kit-kats-review.html


  • rum raisin
  • strawerry cheescake
  • purple sweet potato

Japanese-Kit-Kats---Open-1
photo credit: http://www.chocablog.com/reviews/japanese-kit-kat-selection
I personally love these flavors! (Yum!)

3. From a blog devoted on KitKats aptly name Kit Kats!, you'll be amazed of the KitKat variety. Examples:
  • salt & caramel
  • uji macha
  • (then there's...) uji macha latte
  • pumpkin pudding
  • baked kit kat
  • men almond
  • wasabi
ご当地アソート東日本 (Eastern Japan Assortment) Kit Kats (Japan)
photo credit: https://mykitkats.wordpress.com/category/japan/

There's so many KitKat flavors in this blog my mouth watered. 

I've already listed 17 KitKat flavors from just 3 blogs. I wonder how many more would be there. The sheer number of variety is overwhelming. I'm actually giving up on my dream to taste all flavors. Never thought this is my hardest dream ever!

Can't get enough of Kit Kat? Check these out for more mouth-watering flavors: 



















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...